I am Frida Kahlo (Ordinary People Change the World)
The famous Mexican painter Frida Kahlo is the 23rd hero in the New York Times bestselling picture book biography series from Brad Meltzer and Christopher Eliopoulos (Cover may vary)
This friendly, fun biography series focuses on the traits that made our heroes great--the traits that kids can aspire to in order to live heroically themselves. Each book tells the story of an icon in a lively, conversational way that works well for the youngest nonfiction readers and that always includes the hero's childhood influences. At the back are an excellent timeline and photos. This book features Frida Kahlo, the renowned Mexican painter and activist. After surviving a bus crash, she made her mark in art history for her unique way of looking at the world and integrating her own image and life into her paintings.
This friendly, fun biography series inspired the PBS Kids TV show Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum. One great role model at a time, these books encourage kids to dream big.
Included in each book are:
• A timeline of key events in the hero’s history
• Photos that bring the story more fully to life
• Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
• Childhood moments that influenced the hero
• Facts that make great conversation-starters
• A virtue this person embodies: Frida Kahlo's self-love is celebrated in this title
You’ll want to collect each book in this dynamic, informative series!